3 days left
- Full Time
Technical Architect - Brighton - Pensions Regulator - Applications & Software - £74,363
Your new company
Pensions are making headlines. People are living longer, and need to save more for later life.
The Government has introduced a number of major reforms to the pensions system. At The Pensions Regulator, the UK regulator of work-based pension schemes, you can contribute to making these changes a success.
We strive to be a strong, agile, fair and efficient regulator and a well-informed and pragmatic thought leader. Through this we seek to gain the respect of employers, trustees, our partners and other stakeholders.
Together with our partners, we will create better outcomes in later life for workplace savers, drive up standards of trusteeship and improve savers' understanding of their situation.
We will make the regulator a great place to work and do all we can to support our people to reach their full potential by providing an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment.
Your new role
We're looking for a Technical Architect to be responsible for the IT Application Architecture Roadmap supporting the IT strategy, as well as, the logical design of IT solutions within that architecture.
The role also encompasses overall Architecture activity according to 'best practice': including the definition and implementation of governance, standards and policies pertaining to TPR's Applications and their development.
* Own the overall TPR Technical Architecture. Provide the link between the business requirements and the technology implementation. Ensuring that requirements are considered and supported through the solutions design phase, whilst ensuring architectural integrity
* Act as a custodian of the functional and non-functional specification(s). Drive the team to achieve consensus regarding the concept of the solution and the design
* Define and own the overall Architecture Strategy and Application Roadmap. Create architecture proposals in line with the overall IT strategy
* Engage with business stakeholders and IT staff to identify and architect solutions including the estimation of costs, risks and constraints
* Provide input to scoping, design, estimating, planning and costing of solutions required to support business requirements
* Provide expert knowledge in relation to all new and/or major solution developments in support of projects authorised through IT Governance
* Architect how functional and non-functional requirements will be met using the existing 'as-is' architecture, or identify and support the selection of new software components
* Pro-actively liaise with all other teams to propose and estimate the costs for cost-effective Technical Architectures to support project requirements and strategy as input to the business case
* Develop and maintain the IT Service Catalogue; ensure all changes are reflected in the IT Business Continuity Plan
* Ensure solutions are architected in accordance with the IT service delivery strategy and optimal operating costs
What you'll need to succeed
* Extensive IT experience, including significant experience in a similar role
* Proven 'software development' apprenticeship prior to becoming a Technical Architect
* Expert knowledge of the commodity applications used across diverse industry sectors
* Extensive knowledge and experience of project and Project delivery lifecycles/ methodologies
* Strong systems integration experience
* Thorough grasp of the full range of IT issues encountered during the delivery of software solutions and demonstrable experience of driving resolution
* Active management of third party suppliers
* Communication skills at all levels
* Leadership skills
* Relationship building
* Decision making
* Project management
What you'll get in return
As well as a salary of up to £73,627, we offer:
* Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
* discretionary bonus arrangements
* generous annual leave provision
* flexible working arrangements
* development opportunities
* enhanced parental leave arrangements
* a free employee assistance programme
* an excellent office location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.