Head of Finance
If you are an ambitious Finance professional who relishes the concept of a fast moving growth company environment in the technology industry, then fdu’s newest assignment will appeal. fdu is recruiting a Head of Finance for a fast growth SaaS technology business.
Following the completion of Series A funding, the Board now seek an ambitious Head of Finance to help take the company forward through a Series B funding and further growth with the goal of an AIM market listing in Q3 2018. Revenues currently stand at c£3m pa.
With the recruitment of a highly experienced CEO, our client has undergone a period of positive change both operationally and culturally, and is currently transitioning towards a SaaS operating model, while also introducing new product offerings and increase their global footprint.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will have experience of working within a technology / media reporting environment, gained either within a high-growth company or within an established business that has experienced recent change. The role requires a hard-working finance professional who wants to be stretched and challenged, and who wants to grow in-step with the success of the business.
Critical to the success in the role will be an entrepreneurial, hands-on, open and mature approach. The successful Candidate will build strong working relationships across the company and in particular with the CEO and the Board. Aiming for excellence in all areas will be a natural trait, as is buying into the company’s proposition, values and prospects.
- Being responsible for all aspects of day-to-day financial & operations management.
- Delivering and filing of annual statutory accounts and tax returns.
- Ensuring timely production of consolidated monthly management accounts.
- Accurate group cash flow forecasting, financial planning and budgeting.
- Maintaining compliance relationships with key finance providers, including monthly banking compliance and working capital facilities, and other reporting requirements from equity investors.
- Seeking solutions and improvements to finance systems and project managing their delivery.
- Manage both banking and shareholder relationships.
- ACA / ACCA / ACMA Qualified Accountant or equivalent.
- Experience of working within technology or media.
- A keen interest in technology and fast growth businesses.
- Ideally large and small / medium company experience; bringing both best financial practice, and the knowledge of how to operate and behave in a dynamic, fast-growth environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential, preferably working with complex financial models
- Proven strong leadership and team management experience, especially in period of growth.
- Strong financial systems literacy; ideally with exposure to new system implementations.
- Proven process and controls experience.
- Bright and extremely ambitious with the potential to become an FD sometime in the future.