Assistant Property Manager
My client is an long established property company based in central London that provides a range of services to high end properties within London. They have an exciting opportunity for an aspiring Property Manager to join their business as an Assistant Property Manager. The client has a record of taking on ambitious staff without experience and using their substantial experience to help develop them and promote internally.
The role will be to support the property management team with the duties detailed below.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Make regular inspections of the properties, usually monthly but as necessary, to check upon the condition of the buildings and grounds, ascertain works of repair, monitor and supervise on site staff and contractors.
* Liaise with resident directors, lessees, residents, contractors and others as required, including dealing with telephone calls, faxes, emails and personal visits expediently and in a timely and courteous manner. Ensuring that all appropriate people are kept fully informed.
* Prepare annual service charge budgets, in conjunction with the accounts department and the resident directors as appropriate. Subsequently, ensuring that costs incurred stay in line with budgets and reporting deviations from the budget to a director.
* Instruct appropriate contractors for works of repair and/or maintenance, working within Landlord & Tenant Act procedures, including the changes to the Section 20 Act made in 2002, and the company's internal procedures in that regard. Subsequently supervising works as required, ensuring invoices are correct and approving or (not and) authorising them.
* Dealing expediently with insurance claims and associated works, liaising with loss adjusters and others as appropriate.
* Supervising caretakers, on site staff and contractors as appropriate, ensuring the proper day-to-day running of the properties, buildings, grounds, plant and equipment.
* Checking compliance with and enforcement of the terms of leases and statutory requirements.
* Attending residents meetings, board meetings and AGMs (usually during evenings, on site). Subsequently preparing, agreeing and circulating minutes as appropriate.
* Liaise with Accounts Department and others as required, regarding payment of service charges and other charges. Assisting with arrears collection if required, including attending court where necessary.
* Liaise with Administration Department and others as required, regarding company secretarial matters, directorship appointments and resignations, etc.
* Liaise with Administration Department and others as required, regarding flat sales, transfers and lettings, etc.
* Dealing with specifications for major works, obtaining competitive tenders, circulating resident directors, advising them and obtaining instructions, preparing Landlord & Tenant Act Notices and appropriate supporting documentation, and circulating to lessees. Subsequently instructing contractors and supervising works in progress and on completion as appropriate. Approving (not authorising) consequent payments.
* Comply with the company's IT and computer policy, including anti-virus procedures.
* Comply with the company's Health & Safety Policy and ensure that on site staff and contractors, lessees and residents do so also.
* At all times, working within clients' instructions and the terms of the leases.
* At all times, follow the RICS Management Code and all ARMA regulations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.