Brand Manager for leading gaming company
1 day left
- Full Time
Mission Statement: Work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement integrated marketing plans that drive consumer awareness, interest, consideration and purchase across paid, owned and earned media channels. With a focus on Live products and e-sports within the portfolio.
Reporting into the Group Marketing Manager, the Brand Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing integrated marketing campaigns for their allocated titles (Rainbow Six Siege, For Honor & The Division), as part of a multi-functional team with the PR and Digital Managers.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years demonstrable experience of brand marketing planning and execution within gaming and entertainment, mobile/computing. They will also have a detailed knowledge of the UK media landscape and broad understanding of the full marketing mix, across paid, earned and owned media channels. We are looking for a passionate marketer, with a creative and proactive approach, and a keen interest and passion in the videogames sector.
II. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1- CONTRIBUTES TO LOCAL MARKETING PLANNING FOR PRODUCTS/BRANDS:
- Working closely with the Marketing Analysts to produce weekly/fortnightly (dependent upon the product live stage) Live product monitoring and reporting of the health of the game. Additionally updating the UK business on a titles health as required.
- Responsible for planning and deployment of all paid media elements of the marketing plan for allocated products/brands. Includes coordination with PR and Digital Managers, and alignment with the Group Marketing Manager, to set the overall planning context and marketing strategies for product launches. Ensures detailed knowledge of market context for input into plans, including:
o Consumer Insight, understanding & qualitative & quantitative research.
o Category trends & market forecasts with respect to hardware & software market insights, in alignment with sales analysts
o Competitive landscape & anticipated competitor paid media communications via media agency insights
o Channel trends per product, trade marketing plans & distribution considerations from historical & forecast
- Develops close working relationships with the EMEA marketing team, to ensure clear communication and alignment, and act as the point of contact for central product plans and central direction
- Identifies, negotiates, evaluates and recommends potential external business partnerships, both promotional and media based, for integration into the plan
- Proactively performs other marketing and communications tasks in line with the needs of the product and the marketing team, as required
2- IMPLEMENTS THE FULLY INTEGRATED MARKETING PLAN APPROVED BY THE GROUP MARKETING MANAGER
- Sets up the activity timeline & implementation schedule in collaboration with UK PR, UK Digital & EMEA
- Collaborates with the UK PR & UK Digital Managers, to deliver integrated and effective marketing campaigns that engage and excite the consumer target audience and deliver results at physical & digital retail
- Briefs, develops and implements the paid media plans (media brief, works with agency to select media/supports that meet objectives set out, creates advertising where necessary, etc.)
- Coordinates local adaptation of creative direction in line with the communication strategy defined at central level, and manages the different local creative tasks for paid media (agency brief, agency management, timelines)
- Supports the development and delivery of the trade marketing plan in collaboration with the Trade Marketing Manager (informs the commercial department, motivates the sales team, approves all POS advertising, sets up sales assets, organises special promotions, etc.)
- Develops strong working relationships with multiple agencies and coordinates interagency teams
3- MONITORS THE PAID MEDIA BUDGETS AND INTERNAL PROCEDURES:
- Complies with allocated marketing budget & shows excellent budgetary control
- Tracks and assesses the marketing contribution of products, i.e. marketing budgets compared to sales forecasts, revenue and profitability, and shares with GMM
- Keeps up-to-date product budget sheet and uses all company accounting tools to ensure necessary visibility and compliance
- Delivers reliable and regular reporting using agreed templates and channels (marketing plans, post analysis documents, media briefs, budget sheets, etc): marketing team, EMEA, sales, finance
- Carries out rolling live post-mortems on Live marketing activities, derives key learnings & conclusions from them and applies them to future campaigns
4- LEADS THE UK’s eSPORTS EXPERTISE AND MARKETING APPROACH:
- Develops a deep and thorough knowledge of the UK and international eSports market from grass roots community driven eSports through to national and international professional eSports
- Identifies relevant marketing opportunities for eSports titles, defining activities and the plan within the products business context.
- Works with the PR & Digital teams to ensure any eSports activities are delivered across paid, owned and earned media
- Develops close working relationships with the EMEA eSports marketing team, to ensure clear communication and alignment, and act as the point of contact for central eSports topics, product plans and central direction
- Develop strong relationships with key players within the eSports industry
III. KEY REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years consumer product marketing experience
- Demonstrable experience of paid media planning and implementation, either direct or via agency
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Motivated and well organised self-starter
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Keen interest in the videogames market