This position will require out of town travel for weeks at a time.
The Roustabout operates and maintains servicing equipment in a safe and efficient manner during the course and scope of routine roustabout servicing operations in the oil and gas industry. This position will typically perform the routine work of making up or breaking out connections, well head or flange bolts; or other duties associated with the maintenance and repair of tank batteries, flow lines, pumping units, or other related equipment. All duties are performed according to the Company operating procedures in order to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Heavy Work-. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
- This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights.
- Must have at least a valid Class D driver's license with the proper endorsements required for the type of vehicle operated, issued by state of residence; or be legally eligible to obtain such license with proper training.
- Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required for the position.
- Must have basic knowledge of oil field and related equipment associated with the position.
1. This position performs the routine work of making up or breaking out connections, well head or ROUSTABOUT -- 2 flange bolts, or other duties associated with the maintenance and repair of tank batteries, flow lines, pumping units, or other related equipment.
2. The Roustabout will be largely responsible for performing a service job, based on the specific conditions of the job task. The Roustabout may be responsible for the operation of the equipment and its associated components during roustabout servicing jobs.
3. This position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect the operations and Company Standard Operating Procedures and also other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the Company.
5. Know, follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy and procedure.
Follow established procedures and guidelines
6. Report unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately
7. Follow instructions given by supervisory personnel.
8. Has developed an exceptional skill within the service line and a firm understanding of other service functions
9. Job requires maintained eligibility to drive company light-duty and commercial vehicles.
10. Retains an understanding of district goals and works towards meeting those objectives.
11. Performs work on his/her own as well as provides assistance to other employees as directed.
12. Must participate in all company provided training.
13. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
14. Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
15. Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.