Impact officer HLTA
6 days left
- Full Time
Role: Impact Officer
Start date: 14th August 2017
Hours: This is a full-time post. Normal hours during term time are 7.30am to 5.30pm (Monday to Thursday) and 9am to 4pm (Fridays). During school holidays office hours are typically 9am to 5pm.
Salary: 23-27k (actual salary) will involve working through half terms and school holidays
** Closing date 24th July **
Veritas are working with a youth social action charity based in secondary schools.
The Impact officer position will be based within a secondary school in LEWISHAM and he/she will be responsible for managing a team of volunteers as well as coordinating, monitoring and the evaluating all the activities that the charity provides.
He or she has pastoral oversight for the team and their relationships with those they come into contact with (children, parents, education professionals, funders and other stakeholders). Impact Officers also monitor and evaluate the progress of the charity volunteer members throughout their service year.
An impact officer is based within a primary school Mon-Thurs and then office based on Fridays.
The primary responsibilities detailed below are;
- Account executive for school
- Leadership, appraisal and development of a school team (corps members)
Account executive for school
- Leadership and coordinationof the team of volunteers service year and clearly communicating expectations to all those involved.
- Ensure the fidelityof the charity model is implemented.
- Build a long term relationship with the school. Understand school's needs and objectives and liaise closely with staff throughout the year. Anticipate and identify opportunities to implement charity initiatives that meet the objectives of our school partnership agreement.
- Negotiate with school about the details of contract renewal- under instruction and direction from the Head of School Relationships. Contribute to and develop the partnership with school.
- Monitor, evaluate and reporton the effectiveness of the charities impact in school in a timely and complete manner. Ensure that the charities team projects and initiatives are completed to a high standard, on time and on budget (if applicable)
Experience and key skills:
- Managerial/HLTA experience is ESSENTIAL
- Experience working within a mainstream Secondary school is ESSENTIAL
- A sound understanding of school leadership priorities and an ability to represent the charity in this context
- Strong leader;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Resilience, to enable you to deal with problems and constructive criticism;
- A proactive attitude, with the ability to use initiative;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- The ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly, whilst paying attention to detail;
- Drive, enthusiastic and energetic;
- Experience of effective team working skills;
- Influencing, persuading and negotiation skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A willingness to learn.
This post is a permanent position. Newly appointed post-holders will be subject to a six-month probationary period.
This post is based at one of the charities partner schools and will also involve travel to related sites of work. The exact location of the school post-holder will be determined by the distribution of school partnerships and may be subject to change, but preferences can be expressed and will be accommodated as far as is possible.
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Gemma Yip at Veritas Education.
*** Veritas Education offer competitive rates of pay ***
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities company.