Management Accountant

Expiring today

Office Angels
London, South East England
23 Jul 2017
22 Aug 2017
Contract Type
Part Time

ROLE: Management Accountant



HOURS: 9.00 - 17.30pm


SALARY: Up to £40,000

LOCATION: Chancery Lane / Farringdon

CULTURE: Friendly, upbeat and professional environment

Our client is a leading IT provider working in a booming industry. They are looking for a motivated, friendly and professional Management Accountant to join their team.

WOW FACTOR: Amazing opportunity to work within a friendly IT team in the heart of London. This pivotal role allows you to take responsibility as Management Accountant within a fast growing company. You will be mainly working with a Finance Assistant and will have full support of a part time Financial Director. This role provides progression and autonomy and the opportunity to interact daily with a very friendly team.


25% of your time will be focused on month end processes and reporting. The other 75% will be completing day to day / operational financial tasks.

  • Raising sales invoices, processing purchase invoices and making payments.
  • Preparing and processing month end journals, accurals, prepayments and stock journal.
  • Provide detailed and accurate financial reports to the Financial Director (Aged Creditors, Aged Debtors, Balance Sheet, Fixed Assets, Profit and Loss, Trial Balance and other necessary ad-hoc financial reports)
  • Manage the accounting system to ensure consistency, accurate entry, and accurate reporting of all accounts.
  • Customer direct debit submissions
  • Preparing and submitting VAT Quarterly.
  • Debt Collection, sending statements and chasing clients for payments.
  • Investigate and resolving customer accounting queries.
  • Bank & Credit Card Reconciliation.
  • Transferring invoices from our ERP system to Quickbooks.
  • Keeping accurate customer financial information and account status in our ERP.
  • Maintain customer agreements and update accordingly to services purchased.
  • Escalate finance and accounting issues to management when necessary
  • Ensure consistency of existing accounting systems through creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards and procedures
  • Managing the Finance Assistant
  • Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
  • Very high level of accuracy.
  • High Degree of Personal organisation
  • See tasks through to completion and meet deadlines.
  • Ability to work responsibly without direct supervision.
  • Ability to plan and schedule and focus on priorities.
  • Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
  • Debtor days, Processing Direct Debit accurately and on time.
  • Accounts Payable - creditor days
  • Turnaround of Month End Procedures - 8 working days from month end.
  • Customer Satisfaction of accounting queries.
  • Submission of VAT returns.

Skills Required:

  • Part ACCA / CIMA qualified or similar
  • Strong experience with accountancy software such as Quickbooks, Xero or Sage Line 50.
  • Knowledge of other common software applications (Microsoft Office and other computer software)
  • Intermediate knowledge of Excel - (Reporting will be mainly Excel based and will need to be manipulated by vlookups, formulas and pivot tables)

Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.