Media Relations Executive
2 days left
- Full Time
City Based Media Executive - £45,000 plus excellent benefits
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Media Relations Executive to join a small but busy PR/media team. Working closely with the Head of Department, the ideal candidate will have solid media experience in a business or finance background . A qualification in journalism, PR or a related field is needed together with flawless writing skills and the ability to write complex pieces concisely.
You will need to work autonomously and be confident taking ownership for your projects and will be the voice for the organisation both with internal stakeholders, external contacts and the press. You will become a trusted adviser on all PR activities and will be first line of contact for all press exposure. Duties will include:-
- Maximizing exposure across all media sectors
- Responding to all media enquiries
- Delivering the media relations plan ensuring the organisation's profile is maintained
- Researching and formulating responses and statements
- Putting together eye catching press releases
- Providing advice and guidance on media relations and press issues
- Generating media coverage
- Building strong relationships with media contacts and journalists
The ideal candidate will have the vision and skills to make and assess decisions, to deputise for the Head of Department and to grow the role.