Chef De Partie, Commis Chef, Permanent
2 days left
- Part Time
Season Seafood and Grill are looking for a Chef de Partie or Commis Chef to join their friendly kitchen team. After a very successful first eight months, we find ourselves in the top 50 Norfolk restaurants (of over 2000) on Tripadvisor and just off the top spot for Wells-Next-The-Sea due to our superb customer reviews. Being fully booked nearly every night well in advance we feel the time is right to extend our opening hours from the current four and a half days, for this, we need two new team members.
The foundation of our success is using top quality, locally sourced produce, fresh seafood directly from the Wells fishing fleet, a great menu created and brought to life by the award winning Head Chef Jeremy Parke and his talented chefs and the outstanding customer service from the front of house team, all offered in a beautiful setting overlooking Wells-Next-The-Sea Harbour.
In this permanent Chef de Partie, Commis position, there are no split shifts while working in the brand new spacious state of the art kitchen and you'll have the potential to develop your skills and progress within the business. There will be a second level added to the restaurant this coming winter which will offer stunning views across the harbour and more than double the seating capacity.
As the Chef de Partie / Commis Chef your duties would include:
- Working under the direction of the Sous and Head Chef to learn the menu ().
- Taking responsibility for specific tasks and sections assigned to you.
- Adhering to procedures to ensure the kitchen runs efficiently.
- Ensuring food, hygiene and safety policies are followed at all times.
The ideal Chef de Partie / Commis Chef would have:
- Experience of working as a Chef De Partie, Demi-Chef De Partie, Commis or Trainee Chef.
- A flair and love of producing high-quality meals from fresh produce.
- The enthusiasm to learn and develop under the guidance of the Senior Chefs.
- A team mentality to work well with kitchen and front of house staff/managers.
- The ambition to progress into more senior chef roles as the business expands.
Chef De Partie / Commis Chef
In return, you will receive a salary of between £19,000 and £24,000 dependant on skills and experience, plus a performance related bonus and a share of tips. There is a travel allowance if you live over a certain distance away.
The salary is based on a 48 hour week (4 X 12-hour shifts and 3 days off or 3 X 12 hour shifts and 2 X 6-hour shifts with 2 days off) the business is also open to considering a chef who would love this job but would prefer part time hours.