CONTRACT TYPE/LENGTH: 12 months contract
About the role
We are looking for a Transactions Officer to process transactional activity in a timely and accurate basis in line with the Business Support service level agreement. The role will offer support as required to guide stakeholders through the Business Support processes.
- Perform all tasks on a timely and accurate basis and in line with the agreed service level agreement. Escalate to the Accounts Payable Manager where these may not be met in order that they can implement contingency plans where appropriate to maximise service delivery and maintain standards.
- Demonstrate an acute attention to detail and investigatory nature towards all processing, reconciliation and reporting duties. Ensuring data is reviewed and discrepancies rectified on a timely basis.
- Take a proactive approach to all duties undertaken ensuring that any concerns raised from internal or external sources are satisfactorily resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Represent the team in a positive manner ensuring information is shared appropriately. Provide relevant training and guidance to enable stakeholders to meet the requirements of the Business Support Team.
- Ensure all processes and polices are followed correctly, ensure any changes are captured and highlight areas where these are being neglected or circumnavigated.
About the individual
The ideal candidate will have:
- A demonstrable commitment to achieving customer service excellence, together with strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- GCSE's in Maths and English at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Experience in a high volume transactional environment
- Acute attention to detail and strong investigatory skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent IT skills specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Financial databases
Closing Date: Thursday 27th July at 12pm midday
Interviews will be held on week commencing 31st July
When applying please use Google Chrome
About Clarion Housing Group
Clarion Group formed in 2016, following the merger between two of the country's largest housing associations, Affinity Sutton and Circle Housing Group.
With over 125,000 homes we are the country's largest housing group. We attract and connect experience and people across every aspect of housing. We plan and build. We attract people, support people and invest in creating platforms for thriving communities.
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery.