Energy Costing Analyst
2 days left
- Full Time
The Role: Energy Costing Analyst
Salary:£25,000 - £50,000 DOE
A new residential supplier - part of a larger group - based in Central Birmingham are looking for a Costing Analyst. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with experience in pricing and costing in retail energy, to take a lead in building and running energy pricing models and systems, supporting pricing strategies and developing new tariffs for smart metering. The Costing Analyst will need to be analytical with a good grasp of the complete cost stack across gas and electricity. Sound interesting? Apply today for the Energy Costing Analyst.
• Build and maintain pricing models and costing standing data for gas non-daily metered sites and NHH and HH electricity sites.
• Develop forecasting models, within governance framework, for use in pricing and business planning.
• Develop competitor analysis to offerings remain appropriately positioned in the
• Work with Marketing and Propositions to identify customer segmentation and develop new tariffs and propositions.
• Work with Commercial and Propositions to identify future opportunities in the market and regulatory changes.
• Support the trading and demand forecasting areas as required.
Skills and experience required:
• Good understanding of the costs associated with supplying gas and electricity (networks, environmental, metering, domestic obligations etc.).
• Understanding of the cost drivers and forecasting in an uncertain regulatory regime.
• Sound commercial judgment and ability to identify commercial opportunities
• Practical experience of building and maintaining pricing models and databases.
• Able to work on own initiative and use the guidance of peers to deliver accurate pricing and costing approaches
• Able to consider large volumes of data and explain potential effects to a varied audience.
• Graduate or graduate calibre in maths, engineering or other analytical disciplines.
• Analytical with good Excel/VBA skills.
• Good communication skills able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders