Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
- Must have a recognised engineering qualification;HND/HNC/BTEC Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Engineering
Knowledge of PC hardware & be PC literate
Experience in a customer facing environment working to achieve customer service levels is desirable but not essential
Required Skills & Competencies
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Some customer facing skills
- Highly self-motivated & self-directed
- Communication, Team-working & Interpersonal Skills
- Brings new ideas to the team
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be a team player
- A proven track record within a field service environment is not essential as full training will be given on our specialist equipment
We are looking for an Entry Level Field Service Engineer to work on automated cash handling equipment. This role will be suited to somebody who has a keen interest in working on cash handling electro-mechanical devices in a customer facing environment. You should be able to show good fault finding abilities, excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.This role will be an on-foot, using public transport to visit customers, performing upgrades, preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, site support days & user training.The employment offer to the successful candidate will be subject to passing a security clearance. This will include a full Financial & Background check.
- As an Entry Level Engineer you will receive product training and be responsible for the installation, service and some maintenance of products across your region
- Understand and comply with Company policies, procedure and regulatory requirements.
- To provide support and assistance on site, as required, to our customers.
- Work to installation roll out schedule and customer SLA’s
- Work as part of the service team to provide the highest quality of service and to assist colleagues where necessary.
- Be professional and courteous in your approach to customers.
- Maintaining stock levels
- Maintain accurate stock holding & inventory
- Show a high degree of self-management
- Ability to work independently & exceed customer expectations & organizational objectives.
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills
- Handle customers in a professional manner during difficult high-pressure situations.
- Excellent follow through in meeting commitments, deadlines
- Excellent time management & organizational skills to maximize productivity.
- Resolve minor technical issues by seeking timely advice or assistance from technical support when necessary.
- Responsible for equipment installations
- Completion & submission of all relative documentation in a timely manner ensuring its accuracy.
- Follow up on formal training with self-training
- Maintain high levels of technical expertise & behaviours through continuous improvement & in passing all modules
A fantastic opportunity for a Field Service Engineer with good PC hardware skills and a recognised engineering qualification.