Accounts Assistant - £18,000 - Washington
KCR Solutions are working on behalf of a client based in Washington who are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their team. The starting salary would be £18,000.
This would be a highly rewarding role with opportunities for progression and to take on extra responsibilities.
To work within the finance team processing invoices, resolve queries and provide support to the finance and operational teams within the company.
Job Function and Responsibilities:
Your role will include the following key responsibilities.
• Overall responsibility for the invoice processing function of the finance team.
• Input into the recruitment database for timesheet information.
• Regular uploads of invoice information into the accounting system.
• To undertake filing of invoices and documentation merging.
• Timely resolution of adhoc queries from internal and external sources.
• Support the preparation of payment runs in accordance with the timetable agreed with the Finance Manager.
• Support in the completion of company bank reconciliations.
• Provide cover for credit control functions as and when necessary.
• Responsible for courier and post for the business.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
• Experience of working in a financial environment and dealing with a range of financial matters.
• Experience in the use of financial systems and procedures.
• Excellent numeric and IT skills and confident use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Knowledge or experience of Sage based financial systems would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of withholding tax would be beneficial.
• Qualified to AAT level 2-4.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• High levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Effective organisational and workload management skills.
• Contributes to a co-operative / pleasant / hardworking environment.