Work Experience Mentors
3 days left
- Part Time
Opportunities with Standguide Ltd
Standguide Ltd, established for over 25 years, are an organisation whose primary aim is to support unemployed people back into sustainable employment.
- We work with unemployed individuals to establish what kind of work they want and can realistically undertake
- We work with employers to secure suitable vacancies to match our client’s needs whilst also meeting the employers’ requirements.
We run a wide variety of provisions, requiring Full Time, Part Time and Sessional delivery, as we respond to the needs of our clients, the local Jobcentre Plus and Local Authority requirements.
We are looking for Work Experience Mentors
Standguide are looking to recruit several Work Experience Mentors to deliver across North Tyneside, South Tyneside, North Yorkshire, the Humber, Cumbria, Lancashire, Cheshire and Merseyside.
The successful applicants will deliver a programme of support that involves placing young people into suitable work experience placements. These young people, aged 18-24 will be claimants of Employment Support Allowance - Work Related Activity Group or the equivalent Universal Credit - Limited Capability Work Group, who are likely to have some physical or mental health issue. This activity will be underpinned through one-to-one Action Planning and review meetings to ensure customers are focused on completing their placement.
There will be a heavy focus on matching candidates to work experience placements and providing support to candidates whilst on placement. The work placement will be between 4 and 16 hours per week with a duration of between 4 to 8 weeks. You will be responsible for achieving targets set by your Line Manager to ensure we meet our contractual obligations.
Flexibility in relation to location is essential in order to cover the contract area.
Previous experience of placing harder to help customers into placements would be advantageous.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Marketing the programme to Jobcentre Plus Work Coaches and other referral agencies to ensure you recruit and attach your targeted number of new participants onto the programme each month.
- Conduct an Initial Diagnostic Assessment with the participant using the Outcome Star to record a baseline of the young person’s levels of confidence, motivation, jobsearch activity, perceived barriers and overall attitude towards work.
- Implement and follow a detailed SMART action plan with each participant attached to programme, adhering to all of the contract quality and compliance guidelines to achieve 100% accuracy.
- Match candidates to Work Experience placements of between 4 to 8 weeks, suitable to their needs and barriers.
- Work directly with employers to set up a suitable Work Placement, explaining the supportive nature of the placement, agreeing the content of the placement, conducting a health and safety assessment to ensure a safe working environment
- Ensure your participants start and complete their placement, thereby ensuring maximum retention.
- Support all young people in the workplace, either via telephone for those with less severe barriers or through accompanied visits (up to 2 hours per week) for those with the highest needs.
- Ensure 'keep in touch arrangements’ are in place with the young person / employer throughout the placement to check progress and address any additional needs/issues quickly.
- Conduct a post- placement review with each candidate to measure distance travelled, and produce a post - work experience Exit Report
- Provide advice to individuals on their jobsearch following the course, building on their employability and IT skills to ensure they are competitive in the job market.
- Meet contractual targets within specified timelines agreed at your monthly performance review
Candidates must have full access to a vehicle with valid business insurance.
Successful candidates will be subject to references and DBS check.
Please send your CV and comprehensive Covering Letter explaining why you think you are the right person for this role.
Please state which geographical areas you can operate in
Equality & Diversity
Standguide Ltd is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for everyone and values the diversity of all its staff and customers. The Company welcomes individuals from local, regional and international communities. Standguide value difference and diversity and will strive to create positive working relationships so that everyone can work to the best of their abilities, free from discrimination, prejudice, harassment or victimisation. The Company recognises that everyone has a contribution to make and that services can be improved by ha