Finance Manager Temp to Perm/Perm
1 day left
- Full Time
The Finance Manager will be reporting to the Financial Controller and be responsible for the preparation of the financial/management accounts and the provision of timely and accurate information to aid effective management of the business. You will be assisting the Financial Controller to develop robust plans designed to control the business and its assets in a 'no surprises' environment.
A market leading manufacturing organisation that isn't your typical manufacturing business. State of the art facilities accompanied with a fantastic working environment make them a much sought after employer. The company has a global presence and have fantastic growth plans.
Duties to include:
- Production and submission of monthly management accounts and yearly - Statutory accounts to Group.
- Appropriate provisioning for all liabilities.
- Assistance, production & presentation of the annual budget process.
- Accurate monthly reporting of contribution margin by customer platform.
- Assist in the preparation of MTP and Roll forecasts, which will drive the business to improved performance in terms of profit and cash management; liaison with other departments to prepare cost budgets.
- Assist the business in controlling inventory, liaising with relevant personnel to ensure stock reporting is improved and that all adjustments are correctly authorized prior to processing.
- Maintain the standard costing system on an ongoing basis to ensure all products are accurately costed including weekly/monthly variance analysis of actual to standard costs.
- Annual audit of standard costs including audit of routings, cycle times and costing. Update accordingly for the New Year.
- Maintenance and control of the fixed asset register (including CIP, depreciation and disposal transactions); annual review of fixed asset register to physical assets.
- Analysis and preparation of monthly VAT reconciliation and Quarterly VAT return.
- Preparation of capital request submissions as required by the business.
- Responsibility for Sales and Purchase Ledger functions.
- Ensuring that all approved payments and electronic transfers are made on a timely basis and in accordance with cash flow requirements.
- Ensure all price amendments are appropriately authorized and correctly processed.
- Provision of data to central statistics office.
- Liaison with Auditors and Authorities as appropriate.
- Staff development to maximize achievement and team spirit within these objectives.
- Ad hoc projects as required for the completion of tasks and to support the Finance team in meeting the business requirements and ensuring active communication with the Operations teams to ensure Customer satisfaction is maintained.
- You will be ACA, ACCA or ACMA qualified with experience of working in a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication skills are essential as you will be liaising with finance and non finance manager
- Strong systems skills including advanced Excel
- Good people skills, training and motivating junior staff
- Above all have a down to earth personality, drive and have the hunger to progress with a forward thinking company.