AVP Compliance Advisory
Assistant Vice President - Compliance (MiFID II Project Manager and Financial Markets Advisory)
The Bank expects all of its employees to adhere to the Conduct Rules as implemented by the Senior Manager & Certification Regime. The Conduct Rules applicable to all employees are as follows:
- You must act with integrity.
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators.
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
The position in 2017 is to focus on performing the role of MiFID II Project Manager - Compliance in respect of implementation of MiFID II requirements (and other regulatory change projects). The role will involve coordination of the project from Compliance perspective, interpretation and MiFID II gap analysis, and other related activities including MiFID II for example designing documentation and control framework standards. The responsibilities may also include other tasks set out under section "From January 2018".
From January 2018
To provide the Financial Markets Department with compliance and regulatory advisory support, in respect of its day-to-day operations and development of new products and services, to ensure that Financial Markets Department's / LTCs activities and activities of other business units involved in trading financial instruments, are carried out in compliance with applicable regulations, legislation and internal policies. Strengthening and embedding a positive compliance awareness, culture and framework within the Financial Markets Department/LTC.
To assess and report on a regular basis to Chief Compliance Officer and AVP Compliance Support the overall position with regard to compliance risks associated with the Financial Markets Department/LTC and other business units involved in trading activities.
- Located within Compliance Support Team to act as the Bank's subject matter expert and 'go to' person in relation to compliance and regulatory matters that affect Financial Markets Department's /LTC's operations and operations of other business units involved in trading activities.
- Respond to requests for compliance advice from Financial Markets Department / LTC on the products and services offered (including FX Trading and Sales, Money Markets, Debt Capital Markets (underwriting and distribution), Commodity and Global Research desks, IBA Gold Auction), provide appropriate level of support to resolve the matters being referred and liaise with Legal and Compliance Department as necessary.
- Advise on compliance and regulatory aspects of new products. Review and update Product / Project Governance Documents to ensure all regulatory risks have been considered and positively assist the business to overcome any obstacles.
- Assist the Financial Markets Department / LTC with management of regulatory risks including, determine the compliance risk management mechanism of the department, identify, assess and regularly report to Chief Compliance Officer (through the Manager leading Compliance Business Support Team), any compliance risks, with recommendations on measures that can be taken to mitigate these risks.
- Assist the Financial Markets Department / LTC with the design and implementation of first line of defence systems and controls to enable self monitoring by the department to ensure that their business processes and systems operate in accordance with the Bank's policy and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assist Financial Markets Department / LTC with completing the departmental annual compliance risk assessments and preparation of the compliance risk management plan for submission, through the AVP Compliance Support, to the Chief Compliance Officer. Provide recommendations to the Chief Compliance Officer on compliance tasks that should be added to the Legal and Compliance Department Annual Work Plan in respect of compliance matters relating to Financial Markets Department / LTC.
- Support Financial Markets Department / LTC in managing conflicts of interest and wall crossing.
- Proactively develop appropriate relationships with managers of Financial Markets Departments / LTC and staff within the department.
- Maintain close working relationships with the teams within Legal and Compliance Department to ensure that a strong compliance framework and positive compliance culture is in place throughout the Bank.
- Consider information cascaded from the Legal and Compliance Department related to regulatory matters, ensuring that the Financial Markets Department / LTC has understood what is required of them and assist them designing any necessary controls etc required.
- Monitor, review, interpret and assess regulatory developments, laws, rules, principles and regulatory initiatives that are likely to have significant impact on business activities carried out by Financial Markets Department / LTC. Summarise and distribute outputs with proposals for required action. Agree required actions with the Manager leading Compliance Business Support Team and with the Chief Compliance Officer and support Financial Markets Department / LTC with implementing any required actions.
- Suggest updates and amendments to Legal and Compliance Department's policies and procedures that focus on activities carried out by Financial Markets Department / LTC in order to meet the requirements of new/updated regulations/legislation and embed these within Financial Markets Department / LTC.
- Investment Banking and Compliance related professional qualification
- Degree level educated (preferably law, banking or finance)
- Solid Banking Experience