Accountant (Financial & Management)
Amode is a high-end furniture company specialising in contemporary design. Our purpose is to help create the most beautiful homes in the world for our clients through our offering of luxurious modern designs, high levels of customization, exceptional product quality and high service standards. We are a small, tight knit team with big, exciting plans for growth over the next five years. In order to achieve our goals we are looking for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team and bring their passion, knowledge and expertise to help us achieve our goals.
To maintain accurate, timely and robust financial and management accounts. To improve company profitability and set up department according to best practices.
About the role:
The Accountant will play an essential role in the success of Amode’s financial operations. You will solely be in charge of financial accounting, management accounts and payroll for the company. You will have experience in preparing and submitting end of year accounts, completing month end procedures and preparing monthly management accounts, preferably for a retail company. As we are growing we are looking for an individual with extensive knowledge and experience in this area who can help us improve and develop our existing processes so that they can meet accounting best practices.
On a day-to-day basis this involves:
- Financial accounting (invoicing, matching, reconciliations, payments, expenses, journals, VAT returns, accruals & prepayments etc)
- Management accounting (Reporting on all departmental KPIs, monthly management accounting packs, cashflow forecasting, depreciation etc)
- Managing payroll and updating staff with relevant documentation.
- Compliancy, improving processes and setting up best practices for your department.
Requirements - Skills & experience:
- Part/fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) with previous management reporting experience.
- Advanced Excel (inc Macros and pivots).
- Advanced accounting software experience. Knowledge of using a cloud based ERP accounting software is a bonus.
- Able to work to tight deadlines, delivers work on time, everytime.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively across all departments.
- Commitment to excellence. Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Great time management skills and able to execute multiple tasks and appropriately manage competing priorities
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 (depending on experience)
Holidays : 28 days
Position: Permanent, Full time, 5 days per week (Mon - Friday)
Location: Chiswick, London
To apply please email us:
1. Your recent CV
2. A covering letter outlining why you'd be the ideal person to join our team.