Materials Buyer (Groundwork) London
Our client is looking for a Materials Buyer to join one of most specialist subcontractors in the market place based in London. They are a groundworks and civil engineering specialist and have worked on some of London leadings developments in their history.
As a Materials Buyer you will be responsible for the effective sourcing and procurement of the construction plant and the material requirements. You will work as part of a team reporting directly to the Head of Procurement. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated procurement professional, a good negotiator, with a good knowledge and understanding of building materials and plant as well as the requisition to payment process.
- Purchase materials and the hire of plant to achieve best value within the agreed timescales, to support the project teams.
- Compliance and achievement of divisional initiatives and best practice.
- Procure in line with the time scales as denoted on material requisitions.
- Be proactive in the procurement strategy of projects.
- Provide technical and proactive support and advice to the Pre-Construction and Construction Teams
- Accuracy and completeness of order documentation and quantities
- Awareness of price fluctuations and material availability in the market place.
- Awareness of rates and prices reflecting the site constraints and logistics.
- Provision of accurate buying reports.
- Completion of KPI's in relation to suppliers performance and safety criteria.
- Maintain continuous personal development to ensure appropriate technical awareness.
- Show integrity, fairness and consistency in decision making when making and implementing difficult/unpopular decisions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience of working in a construction orientated procurement department as well as a successful track record of construction materials and plant procurement.
- A sound construction, technical and manufactures product knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to be assertive.
- Then successful candidate will be a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills, a good eye for details and the confidence to deal with all levels of the Business.
- It is essential to have a high standard of mathematical ability as well as a good commercial acumen.
- A qualification in Construction would be desirable for this role, though not essential.
Out client offers excellent project work, career progression and salaries / packages. If you would like to be considered for the role, please forward your CV to Meera Patel at the email address: professional@uklgroup. com