Committee and Secretariat Officer
4 days left
- Full Time
Full time, 35 hours per week
Band C Salary up to £24,000 per annum
Location: London - 30 Euston Square
Close date: 6 August 2017
Interview date: w/c 14 August 2017 (tbc)
The Royal College of General Practitioners is the largest membership organisation solely for GPs in the United Kingdom. Founded in 1952, it has over 52,000 members who are committed to improving patient care, developing their own skills and promoting general practice as a discipline. General practice is the largest branch of the medical profession. It provides some 1 million consultations for patients in the UK every working day and deals with 86% of the health problems experienced by the UK population.
You will provide a comprehensive, pro-active, administrative support service for specified Committees and Groups serviced by the Secretariat, supporting the governance functions of the Secretariat and the Company Secretary when required. You will also support formal corporate events and ceremonial functions as required from time to time.
The successful candidate will have
- Minimum 3 years Committee administration experience, or demonstrate strong experience of senior-level administrative support
- Experience of organising, co-ordinating and managing Committee papers and workload (organising meetings, agenda, minute production, action sheets, etc)
- Experience of researching, drafting and presenting material to senior officers and Committees, including briefings and report writing
- Experience of working with statutory/mandatory rules/regulations, and adherence to strict deadlines
The main areas of responsibility will be
- Comprehensive Committee and administrative support to up to 5 allocated Committees serviced by the Secretariat (tba); and to support various other sub-committees or Working Groups as required - including organising meetings, preparing and despatching agendas, attendance at meetings, minuting, following up actions and writing detailed reports.
- To develop good working relationships with, and provide administrative support to, College Officers and Chairs of the Committees supported; and the Company Secretary and Secretariat Manager in support of their roles and work.
- Drafting appropriate reports, briefings, correspondence or responses on behalf of College Officers, Chairs of Committees, the Company Secretary or Secretariat Manager as directed.
- Working with other Secretariat colleagues as required to ensure that formal and informal College ceremonial functions and events (eg. AGM, SGM, other functions) is co-ordinated, staffed and run in an efficient and effective manner.
- Assist the Company Secretary to undertake the tasks /functions for which the role is responsible (eg. Code of Conduct cases & appeals) in an efficient and effective manner.
We are looking for someone with degree level or equivalent, and/or professional qualification (e.g. ICSA)
The successful candidate will share our corporate values.
In return, the College offers excellent terms and conditions.
To apply please upload your CV and cover letter via the RCGP careers page, work-at-rcgp/internal-vacancies-at-rcgp.aspx
To request a copy of the JD email
The Royal College of General Practitioners is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
~ Promoting Excellence in Family Medicine ~