£20,000 - £21,000 Depending on experience
Our Client one of the UK's leading commercial vehicle dealership. Due to their continued success Staffbase has been appointed to recruit for the position of Parts Advisor to join the busy team in Birmingham.
Reporting to the Parts Manager you will be responsible for parts orders, interpreting customer requirements, whilst offering high levels of customer service. You will be the interface between the customer and the after sales teams, contributing to increased customer satisfaction of the after sales services of the business.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:-
- Receive all parts orders, interpreting customer requirements and giving advice on any additional requirements or prices, matching orders against stock items and advising customer of any items which are not stocked or need ordering
- Locate unavailable items from other suppliers and arrange for delivery or pass order to stock control for Vehicle Off Road (V.O.R.) orders to be raised
- To make up customer orders for despatch as required ensuring that they match customer order and that any shortages are highlighted, ensuring that all orders taken are fully completed, invoiced and despatched as scheduled and that the customer is kept fully informed of progress or of any problems
- Ensure that the image and levels of customer service within the department is in line with company standards
- Ensure that all customer complaints are dealt with both speedily and effectively, referring any unresolved problems to the job holders immediate supervisor
- Handle all internal and external customers and suppliers with courtesy at all times
You must have experience within a busy automotive business, preferably in the parts department. Be proactive and resourceful and have a committed approach to customer care, with strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Other skills required include:-
- Experience of commercial vehicle / Automotive dealerships
- Experience in working in a bust parts environment
- Good IT knowledge of MS Office, ADP/Kerridge computer systems
- Excellent telephone manner/ interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Stock control Experience
- Positive can do attitude
Hours of work
40 hours a week. On a rota 9am till 6pm or 1pm to 10pm with an hours break.