Underwriting Rules Developer
Underwriting Rules Developer Exeter £35,000-£40,000 (DOE)
Do you have senior underwriting experience within the protection market - Life, Critical Illness or Income Protection, ideally with some experience of Underwriting rules engine design? If so I have an exciting opportunity in Exeter to join a growing company, providing award-winning health and income protection insurances for over 100 years!
About the Role
- Develop and maintain the online underwriting rules to support the company, with the overall aim to maximise the volume of underwriting decisions made through our digital platform within their risk appetite
- Utilise business analytics tools to provide insight around current performance and with the approval of the Underwriting Manager implement necessary improvements
- Contribute to the design processes to support interactions between rules engine and the underwriting team
- Contribute and deliver on key projects within the scope, technical ability and in line with the overall purpose of the role
- Underwrite new protection insurance
- Dealing with IFA queries
You must have at least 2 years' experience of senior underwriting experience (must be in the protection market - Life, Critical Illness or Income Protection), ideally with some experience of Underwriting rules engine design.
You must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions.
- Monday to Friday, 35 hour working week (7-hour day with 1 hour lunch)
- Office opening hours are between 8:00am - 6:00pm
- 24 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays per annum
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme - Employer contribution 8% up to 10%
- Free Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance & Death in Service Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work and Payroll Giving Salary Sacrifice Schemes
- Free use of Cycle Racks, Shower facilities & Parking (some restrictions may apply to car parking)
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.