Are you a Fraud Officer seeking your next challenge?
Could you conduct investigations into cases of Impersonation Fraud, Application Fraud and Theft and would like to utilise your existing skills in an innovative and market leading finance company?
Based in the heart of the Cardiff City Centre, in our state of the art brand new building, the Financial Crime Team is integral in ensuring the continued success of MotoNovo Finance.
The officer will ensure all Compliance matters in respect of SIRA, CIFAS & Fraud reporting are maintained in a manner consistent with legislation and which is reflected in Company Policy and Procedures.
As a MotoNovian you can enjoy a fantastic benefits package ranging from a first rate pension scheme, discount shopping, additional perks such as extra days off for your birthday, Christmas shopping days and so much more in between.
Please note that candidates must successfully complete a credit check prior to attending an interview.
We are committed to the achievement of equal opportunities.
For more detail regarding this opportunity, please read on.
1. Ensure that customers and key suppliers are provided with a professional, efficient, enthusiastic and knowledgeable service, ensuring that all queries are dealt with in a prompt and timely manner.
2. To conduct investigations into cases of Impersonation Fraud, Application Fraud and Theft, compiling evidence, submitting witness statements and presenting exhibits to the NaVCIS Vehicle Fraud Unit and the Police. To liaise with Police Constabularies, Port Authorities and Interpol to assist in the investigation of suspects and the recovery of assets. To represent the company in court as a witness to convey witness statement evidence. To act with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity to maintain the company reputation.
3. Identify and investigate Fraud Prevention intelligence on all finance applications, conducting in-depth investigations in accordance with SIRA and CIFAS rules, and contacting relevant third parties to establish the nature of the warning, where necessary, providing Dealer Operations with the investigation outcome in a prompt and timely manner. Where fraudulent activity is identified, to file with SIRA and CIFAS databases in accordance with SIRA and CIFAS regulations and company procedures.
4. To analyse the performance of the SIRA and CIFAS rule-sets to ensure that fraud is being identified and prevented at the point of application, whilst false positive matches are minimised.
5. Ensure all systems-based records and all documentation is comprehensively updated and maintained in an accurate and timely manner as prescribed by regulatory, legislative requirements and company procedures.
6. Provide management information and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
7. To provide training, support and guidance on Financial Crime matters to relevant parties within the company, ensuring individual awareness and understanding of Financial Crime procedures, supported with process flows where necessary.
8. Respond to customer complaints relating to Financial Crime issues, including Police Investigations, SIRA and CIFAS filings, in accordance with SIRA and CIFAS regulations and company procedures.
9. To maintain all Critical Spreadsheets and Databases used by the Financial Crime team, ensuring that all records and subsequent information produced, are held in an accurate manner.
10. Undertake requests for personal data by authorised third parties such as the Police, CIFAS, and the Department of Work & Pensions, on company databases in relation to fraudulent and criminal activity.
11. Ensure all systems based records and all documentation is comprehensively updated and maintained in an accurate and timely manner as prescribed by regulatory, legislative requirements and company procedures.
12. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to MotoNovo Finance products and services (e.g. ICOB, FCA rules, Credit Consumer Act, Data Protection Act, Proceeds of Criminal Act, Money Laundering, etc.), as advised by line management.
13. Maintain good knowledge and understanding of all relevant Company and departmental policies and procedures relevant to the role, being compliant with these policies and procedures at all times.
14. Ensure that fair customer outcomes are fundamental to how you approach your day-to-day responsibilities, ensuring you always act in the customer’s best interest.
15. Continue to develop self and role by studying relevant training materials and product information and continually develop and improve product knowledge.
16. Work as part of a team - supporting, motivating and assisting colleagues in the operation of the department and throughout the business.
17. Encouraged to make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
If you feel like you have the skills, enthusiasm and drive to become a member of Team MotoNovo, then we would love to hear from you.
Thank you for your interest in MotoNovo Finance. We endeavour to respond to all applicants however due to the volume of CV's received if you do not receive a response within two weeks please treat your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.