2 days left
- Part Time
Our client in Farnham, due to growth are looking for a Part Time Purchasing Assistant who will be responsible for procurement of various parts and assemblies contributing to our manufacturing and delivery of items such as vacuum chambers automated test systems, aerospace equipment, production machinery and satellite ground stations.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who already has a few years experience working in a procurement environment, looking for part time hours of approx. 20 hours a week.
Salary up to £25k pro rota,
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be involved in the whole cycle of procurement from initial demand to provision of parts and materials to ProductionSupport the setup of purchasing Bill of Materials from information provided by Engineering and Projects
• Operate the order process using an electronic database (MRP system)
• Request quotations, negotiate and select suppliers
• Order product from suppliers
• Establish and maintain supplier relationships
• Monitor suppliers to ensure on time delivery and update management on status
• Book deliveries into the MRP system and arrange for further processes as necessary • Communicate and report effectively to management, colleagues and suppliers
• Propose solutions to solve supply issues with speed and efficiency
Skills and Experience;
• Have strong computer skills ideally including the use of databases and procurement management systems
• Be self-motivated and proactive with a flexible attitude
• Able to work alone or as part of a team on a given task
• Able to multitask and respond to short-notice issues effectively
• Able to work well unsupervised, in a pressured and demanding environment
• Possess strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrate ability to identify and solve problems
• An understanding or interest in engineering and production would be advantageous
If you have not heard from a consultant within 5 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.