2 days left
- Full Time
Our business is delivering superior investment performance at a fair price through the combination of clever technologies, market leading products and straight-forward personal advice.
InterestMe provides savers and investors with an opportunity to participate in and earn a strong rate of return from investments normally only available to institutions and very wealthy individuals.
This is to take the lead role in the Finance Function for a fast growing financial services business. Under the control of the FC will be several related businesses which operate under the direction of the same Managing Director.
The role will provide direct interfaces with senior management and boards, and we are looking for the FC to provide their thoughts on the strategic direction for the businesses.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work on all accounting related matters, including business structuring and forecasting;
- To take leadership in managing a cash management function;
- Provide monthly management accounts for all group entities including KPIs in a timely manner to allow for appropriate business decisions to be made;
- Management of the Payroll and VAT functions of all group entities and submission of monthly returns;
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the role will have operational autonomy and we are looking for a strong candidate to provide system improvements and ideas for the growth of the business;
- To ensure all day to day accounting functions are managed, including journals and payments;
- Prepare budgets/forecasts and analysis of costs on an ongoing basis;
- To development a strong understanding of the business model and the challenges that it will face, and provide advice on how to manage those challenges;
- To liaise with auditors and other key stakeholders in the business, including the Board;
- Assist with the improvement of our CRM system
- Ad hoc reporting as required by management;
- Other AD hoc tasks as required by senior management
Experience & Skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- A background in financial service will be advantageous.
- Have a strong knowledge and understanding of Excel and the development of accounting processes and systems. Knowledge of Quickbooks is advantageous.
- Be a self-starter and keen for a new challenge, this role will be key in the development of the business as it moves forward. It is a fast paced and young business and we need a team that delivers results to the business in a timely manner. We are therefore looking for candidates was a strong personality and the ability to bring forward and execute changes in the business relating to the accounting where deemed appropriate. There is room for growth in the role as the business continues to grow and provide a great insight into the actual operations of the business rather than just preparing static management information.
- Ideally the candidate will have worked in a multi-company group structure;
- Be well organised and have good time management skills; and
- Must be hands on and prepared to undertake all accounting duties where necessary due to the nature of the opportunistic businesses and the small team that manages the functions.
- Enthusiasm to grow with business in an ambitious company
- Qualifications Must be a fully qualified chartered accountant, with a minimum of 2 year post-qualification experience.