Assistant Management Accountant
Approaching the end of your ACA, ACCA or CIMA studies and looking for a fresh challenge to boost your career? Then our client requires you to join their growing Guildford based engineering company. You will be supporting the Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly management accounts, budgets, cash flow forecasts and P&L variance analysis. Candidates able to demonstrate these skills in a previous role who are highly competent in prioritising and tackling their workload and also possess the willingness to deliver quality service and achieve results are favourable. This is great opportunity to broaden your finance knowledge within a friendly, professional and supportive environment.
Your duties will include:
• Production of the monthly management accounts
• Produce detailed variance analysis of actuals vs budget/ forecast
• Provide analysis on the key business drivers, using KPI’s
• Assist in the preparation of the annual audit and assisting with queries
• Complete journal postings, prepayments and accruals
• Support the wider finance team when and where appropriate
We are looking for:
• Finalist (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) – part qualified at very minimum
• Management Accounting experience along with some analytical skills
• Excellent presentation skills, both oral and written
• Proactive self-starter attitude, with the ability to work under own instruction and build on wider instructions
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted in relation to this vacancy. We do however value your details and will retain them on file to enable our consultants to contact you should a suitable opportunity arise.
Byron Recruitment Limited trading as Byron Finance operates as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business. Byron Finance is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Byron Finance is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)