Circa £25,000 p.a
Main purpose of the job
To manage an accounts team of 4 and assist in the production of monthly management accounts.
A local, well established and renowned manufacturer, importer and distributer of electronic goods, our client has traditional values along with a modern approach to business. They are looking for a qualified Management Accountant to manage an existing team. This is a full, challenging role and we are looking for candidates who are confident in their ability, outgoing and organised.
Duties and responsibilities
* Reporting to the Group Finance Manager
* Management, motivation & development of the finance team, comprising 4 staff responsible for processing a high volume of transactions;
* Cashflow management and forecasting;
* Running month end reports and reconciling to the nominal ledger;
* Preparation of monthly management accounts and working papers;
* Creation and maintenance of a computerised fixed asset register comprising a large volume of assets;
* Controlling all machine movements and accurately reflecting those movements within the accounting system;
* Reviewing aged debt reports with the credit control clerk & directors as appropriate;
* Reviewing aged payables reports with purchase ledger clerk;
* Controlling container movements and payment thereof;
* Production of quarterly VAT returns, incorporating partial exemption calculations;
* Assisting the Group Finance Manager with the annual budget and statutory accounts;
* Liaising with all departments within the company to improve the quality of information required & delivered, ensuring that the company has the IT & reporting systems it requires to function effectively & develop further.
* Preparation of ad hoc reports & projections;
* Qualified to AAT 4 or equivalent
* Strong management skills, patience & perseverance
* Strong Excel skills (lookups, filters, pivots)
* Experience of Exchequer is preferred, but not essential.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 17 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation.
We would love to talk to you to give you more information about our client and discuss the role.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.