Director Of Finance & Resources
My client is seeking to recruit an experienced Finance Director for their Exeter based charity. The ideal candidate must have a strong contemporaneous background within the Charity sector coupled with some current or previous experience within a commercial operation. You will be a fully qualified accountant(ACCA/ CIMA/ ACA /CIPFA) ideally with the ability to compile annual charity statutory accounts and have an understanding of SORP 2005
The Director of Finance & Resources has overall responsibility for the strategic management, development and operational delivery of the Charity's Finance and Central Support/Resources Services. Principle Accountabilities include:
- Effective financial management of the organisation and its trading subsidiary in line with the overall strategic and organisational objectives,
- Effective strategic development and oversight of the departments in line with overall strategic and organisational objectives.
- Providing timely, sound financial and management information and advice to the Trustee Board, the Chief Executive, Officers and other management colleagues.
- Effective corporate risk management
- Act as the leading interface between the organisation and financial and regulatory bodies ensuring compliance with appropriate disclosure and reporting requirements.
- Identifying and delivering key projects to improve the level of service offered by the finance and central support services with a commitment to continuous improvement;
- Leadership, management and development of the finance and support services teams.
Excellent benefits package to include:
- 36.5 hour week
- Pension 6%
- 38 days holiday
- Some flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee benefit schemes
- Salary £45-£48,000 depending on experience