Managing Estimator - Permanent - Main contractor
Competitive salary + package (negotiable)
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Senior, or Managing Estimator to run a Pre-Construction team for a successful and well established national contractor who pride themselves in delivering quality projects.
The role - Managing Estimator
You will be an experienced Senior or Managing Estimator who can lead the department as part of the management team to support continued business growth in the region. You will be reporting to a Regional Director and will be responsible for both producing tenders for new build or refurbishment projects typically between £5Million and £20Million in value, and also mentoring more junior colleagues. You will be able to work in a fast paced environment where attention to detail is of utmost importance and the quality of the build is of an exceptional standard.
- Develop tender strategy for Estimating team
- Assess Client’s requirements
- Manage/mentor and develop more juniior Estimators
- Prepare preliminaries in conjunction with Construction/Planning
- Prepare the Net cost to enable the line manager to adjudicate
- Involvement in the selection of proposed subcontractors/suppliers
- Manage the tender/cost plan process
- Ensure key issues are presented at the tender adjudication
- Advise on alternative options & value engineering
- Identify and assess risk and opportunity including proposals for managing documentation
- Review contractor’s proposals ensuring Client’s requirements are met or amended accordingly
- Negotiating with the Client and/or the Client’s Representatives
- Attend tender interviews/meetings with the Client/Client’s Representatives
- Continually liaise with other relevant departments and business units and/or core teams
- Develop and maintain external/internal relationships
- The development of key working relationships internally, clients and consultants
- Remain conversant with the current market trends and monitor possible price increases
- Examine and analyse tender documentation and monitor possible risks/opportunities
To qualify for this position you must have experience working on new build tenders in excess of £10Million, and have a track record for mentoring managing and developing more junior staff. Ideally you would have already worked for a regional or national contractor across the general contracting industry on Education, Healthcare, Commercial or Industrial projects.
What is on Offer
You will benefit from an excellent salary plus package. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful main contractor with a solid reputation and strong repeat client base.
If you are interested in this exciting position please click the link below or contact Jamie Risdale at Thorn Baker. Additionally if you would like to have an informal discussion about other opportunities please do not hesitate to call me on