Graduate Trainee - Procurement and Buying - Dundee
Graduate Trainee Job - £19,000 to £20,000 - Training and Development - Well-established business - Progression opportunities - Business, Buying, Purchasing, Procurement and Inventory Control - Dundee
Are you an enthusiastic Business graduate who is passionate about procurement, inventory control, logistics and supply chain? Are you looking for a graduate trainee scheme where you can gain hands-on experience in a rewarding commercial environment?
We are working with a major power tools and ironmongery distributor, part of a leading group of distribution businesses with an annual turnover exceeding £600 million and employing over 1.500 people nationwide. Their successful location in Dundee is looking for a business-minded Graduate Trainee to join their team. Working within a fast-paced environment you will embark on a professional development and graduate trainee programme.
You will liaise and negotiate with suppliers whilst providing B2B clients with a great service. You will get involved in the buying, purchasing, procurement and inventory control side of the business - negotiating prices, sourcing products for B2B clients and assisting in the management of inventory for the company.
You will receive a basic starting salary of £19,000 - 20,000 (depending on experience and increased as you progress), plus:
- Initial products and skills training in various business fields, including client management, purchasing and supply chain training
- One-to-one mentoring from a successful manager within the business and an opportunity to network with other key players in the company
- A lucrative and uncapped bonus
- Progression to a key role within the business (with salary reviews as you progress)
- Opportunity to put your degree to use - with a focus on logistics, account management, procurement and purchasing
- Optional membership of the company pension scheme
At the beginning of the graduate trainee programme, you will learn about all areas of the business so that you develop a strong understanding of its operational and commercial aspects.
To ensure your success in the role you will receive bespoke mentoring and training from the successful manager of the company's Dundee location. If you prove yourself, you will also have the chance to progress. You will gain autonomy and have a much higher earning potential.
Many of their managers initially started their career as trainees and now run their own business within the group - earning salaries of £35,000-£50,000 + generous bonuses.
Think you have what it takes? Don't miss out, apply today!