£38,000 to £40,000 plus excellent benefits including 10% bonus
Bristol (commutable from Weston-super-Mare, Taunton, Bridgwater, Burnham, Clevedon, Axbridge, Portishead, Wells)
Ambridge Harris Associates is proud to be working on an exclusive basis with this rapidly growing, market-leading European group, headquartered in the US with UK offices based in Weston-super-Mare. With the acquisition of three companies in the last two years, turnover is now £45m. Therefore the Management Accountant is a newly created role needed to provide the Finance Group with a step-change in their resources.
This is the perfect position for an individual looking to take their first steps into industry, working directly with the EMEA Financial Controller. As both a technically competent and commercially aware finance professional you must demonstrate an honest and communicative approach and be capable of developing practical solutions. The company is growing quickly and so the role will change over time with increasing responsibilities, therefore this is a great opportunity for personal development and to take on further challenges and advance your finance career accordingly.
- Be part of a team assisting management in the development of the business by providing financial information, interpretation, analysis and recommendations
- Responsible for checking and reconciling accounts, transactions and information leading to the production of timely and accurate management and statutory reports
- Responsible for reviewing the monthly management information and providing suitable commentary for reporting to Senior Management
- Learn and utilise systems to provide support, cover and training to the existing finance team
- Research technical VAT, accounting & tax issues and provide appropriate guidance to the finance team
- Work independently, balancing short-term demands with longer-term projects
- Prepare information for the auditors and tax advisors
- Provide assistance to other Group companies, including both UK and European subsidiaries
- Assist with the consolidation of systems and processes across the UK Group
Skills and Experience required
- Part or fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant or equivalent experience.
- Ability to present financial information in a clear and structured way
- Knowledge of and experience with operational & accounting systems
- Advanced level Excel user
- Good working knowledge of other Microsoft packages (i.e. Word, PowerPoint)
- Drive and commitment to achieving targets and deadlines
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical and business information.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.