Title: Commercial and Bid Consultant (Business Development)
Reports to: Commercial Manager
Established in 1992, Active Assistance is a specialist, complex care provider. We support a range of adult and paediatric clients with spinal cord injury and other physical, long-term conditions in their own homes. Operating throughout the country we are recognised as one of the UK’s leading specialist clinical service providers. Despite the ever more exacting regulatory requirements, Active Assistance has grown steadily over the past ten years.
The position is crucial to support the overall growth within the Commercial & Business Development department. The role will require demonstrable sales skills and contracting acumen. The post holder will manage existing and new contracts. This will include co-ordinating and managing tender bids as well as responding to daily brokerage activity. The role would ideally suit a competitive and competent individual with solid healthcare experience.
The key focus of this is role is sales and contract administration support. This is a 'senior’ role within the Commercial and Business Development Team that will require a range of both sales and administrative responsibilities. The role will involve dealing with a variety of Commissioners within both the Private and Public sector. Experience in this area will need to be demonstrated as will be the ability to convert enquiries using your sales skills. Knowledge of the bid cycle from expression of interest through to contract delivery stage is also an essential skill for this role. This may have been gained within a branch management or business development role within either the healthcare, or similar sector.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Accountabilities and duties):
- Assist with and convert enquiries relating to allocated areas of the business.
- Preparing quotations for existing as well as new business
- Managing the daily Brokerage referrals
- Assisting with the day-to-day reporting and administrative functions of the department and its key business processes. This will require an advanced level of excel with the ability to produce concise management reports and sales data.
- Ability to create pivot tables and amalgamate spreadsheet data is highly desirable.
- Experienced in compiling effective bids and managing the 360 degree bid cycle. This will involve identifying new contract opportunities by tracking notification boards and preparing bids, contract and DPS submissions
- Managing and updating the bid/ contracts library
- Compiling a range of reports to assist with the monitoring of the commercial business
- Arrange exhibitions/ marketing events and maintain stock check of company marketing materials
- Map out the building blocks for new care packages and work closely with internal & external departments to ensure new care packages are delivered cost effectively, safely and efficiently
- Other bespoke business projects in line with business need
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS EXPERIENCE AND KEY ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Proven sales experience, ideally gained within the Healthcare sector
- Good general education, ideally degree level
- Exceptional written English, verbal reasoning and mathematical skills
- Experience of healthcare, or similar experience within either a recruitment or provider environment
- Proven bid management and contract delivery skills are essential
- Advanced administration skills
- Confident with figures and the ability to produce a range of advanced level spreadsheets and reports is essential to this role
- Excellent strategic planning and organisational skills
- Team player is essential
- Close attention to detail
- Experienced computer user - MS Word , Powerpoint and Excel proficiency is essential
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted
No agencies please