Senior 1 MRI Radiographer - Welbeck Street
2 days left
- Full Time
About The Facility
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
In early 2017 HCA Healthcare UK and The Princess Grace Hospital will be opening a new GI Centre of Excellence. This exciting new outpatient facility will offer a broad range of employment opportunities for clinical and non-clinical staff.
Based at 41 Welbeck Street, this purpose-built facility will provide outpatient services for a number of key specialities to The Princess Grace Hospital including:
* Upper & Lower Gastrointestinal
* Hepato-biliary (liver and bile duct)
This state-of-the-art, modern healthcare facility based over six floors in a prime location near Marylebone High Street will help to support and grow The Princess Grace Hospital's current Gastroenterology Unit, and be staffed by world-class Consultant doctors in the field. Facilities will include an imaging Suite equipped with CT, MRI, General and Ultrasound capabilities.
The Senior 1 MRI Radiographer will assist in the provision of an efficient diagnostic imaging service, working as part of the wider radiography team providing a high quality, professional diagnostic service.
Salary between £36,937 and £44,271 plus HCA benefits
Working hours, 37.5 per week
Opening hours 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out a full range of MRI procedures to the agreed standards of the department.
- Assist in other areas in the department such as x-ray and ultrasound to support the needs of the department
- Abide by the Health and Safety Code of the unit and ensure that all patients and visitors do likewise.
- Assist the Imaging administrative team in the course of their work
- Maintain a high standard of patient care and comfort and be patient focused at all times.
- To have highly specialist knowledge of specific procedures and practises.
- Work in an efficient and effective manner at all times.
- Appear on duty promptly and appropriately dressed and behave in a professional manner at all times.
- Carry out duties which may be considered necessary and consistent with the responsibilities of the post
- Report any untoward incidents and equipment failure to the area Modality Lead.
- Work unsupervised as and when required.
- Work using own initiative but be aware own limitations and seek guidance when necessary.
- Work flexibly based on requirements of service.
Skills & Experience
- Be a qualified Radiographer with Current HCPC registration.
- To hold a BSc (or equivalent) in diagnostic Radiography.
- Have competencies across at least 2 of the following modalities - MRI, CT, Interventional Radiology, Core Services
- Post Graduate qualification.
About The Individual
An excellent communicator, you will have the ability to form effective working relationships with Consultants, medical, nursing and administrative staff within the Department and the hospital as a whole.