4 days left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity Project based and heavily business partnering in focus has arisen to work in a senior role for a large energy organisation, based on the outskirts of Bristol.
The main purpose of this role will be to provide comprehensive financial support to investment portfolios across the business. As a key member of a virtual project team you will drive the financial performance and maximise regulatory returns of the investment portfolio across the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:Work with Project Management Team to ensure that project forecasts are at all times thorough, comprehensive and fully considered to incorporate accurate risk, and is consistent with the programme.
- Provide a review of performance to Senior Management and project teams, undertaking trend, variance analysis and critical evaluation to drive improved project performance.
- Be recognised as a critical trusted partner for the business utilise your financial expertise and project knowledge to provide support to the wider business.
- Support the Lead Project Manager in interpreting and understanding their portfolio - its regulatory outcomes and financial performance.
- Ensure accuracy of actual costs incurred, that projects are accurately entered on company systems and that there exists an effective control framework.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of expenditure into company systems with auditable supporting information. Monitor company systems to status of the projects are correct and that information is provided in accordance with the month end accounting timetable.
- Pro-actively develop and implement standardised, fit for purpose financial processes to forecast and report on UK Business performance.
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant, or part qualified with relevant professional experience and be able to evidence the following skills;
- Possess significant experience of reporting financial information, with a particular focus on investment and appraisal analysis.
- Ability to influence and work as part of a virtual team.
- Proven experience of planning, forecasting and budgeting across a variety of projects.
- Confident in stakeholder management and working across teams to deliver objectives.
- Experience in supporting commercial decisions with relevant financial information.
- Experience of SAP and MS Office would be an advantage.
- Be prepared to travel to sites on ad-hoc basis.
The successfully appointed Project Accountant can expect to earn between £40,000 to £45,000 basic p/a depending on their previous experience level, as well as company benefits package on top and full study support if appropriate. For more information on the role of Project Accountant please contact me directly.