Audit & Accounts Senior
6 days left
- Full Time
Audit & Accounts Senior
McGinnis Loy Finance is proud to be working with a TOP20 Accountancy Practice who are now looking to strengthen their General Practice team with the appointment of an Audit & Accounts Senior. You will be working with entrepreneurial businesses and their owners to help support their long term goals, and managing your own portfolio of clients. Key duties include:
• Carrying out audit/accounts and related tax assignments
• Involvement in planning of assignments and taking responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
• Setting objectives for more junior staff and supervising on site, reviewing their work and coaching on the job where necessary.
• Responsible for auditing of companies including planning and finalisation of jobs, in a wide range of sectors.
• Preparation of tax computations and Corporation Tax returns (CT600).
• Preparation of accounts for companies, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP’s together with Tax computations.
• Close liaison with clients and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Partner Levels.
• Promoting the interests of the firm with all employed by the firm, clients, prospective clients and other third parties.
• Attending client gatherings/client seminars on an ad-hoc basis so there is plenty of support for key events.
• Spotting Practice Development opportunities with clients and progressing these in liaison with Partners
To be considered for the Audit & Accounts Senior role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant from a Top100 firm, ideally with 3-4 years experience working with clients across a broad range of sectors and industries. You should be competent with manual and computerised book-keeping, able to produce accounts for sole traders and partnerships and have recent experience of leading audit assignments. You should have solid UK GAAP experience, good understanding of corporate tax and a high level of personal motivation. Knowledge of mid-range accounting software (e.g. Iris Exchequer, Caseware, Sage Line 50) would be useful, and travel to clients and other office sites will be required.
On offer is a salary up to £43,000 depending on qualification and experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile