Commercial and Procurement Lead
An great opportunity to lead a small function within a respected national business that plays a pivotal part in monitoring and regulating it's industry.
My client plays a vital role to the smooth operation of its market. They service 28 million customers national and regulate the industry through monitoring and handling of funds. Through impartiality my client gives customers the confidence that the market is operating efficiently and accurately.
Key responsibilities in the role are:-
- Own and manage the procurement Pipeline, ensuring information is up to date and accurate at all times whilst planning for future peak periods.
- Deliver coherent and robust procurement strategy
- Engage and build relationships at all levels from different backgrounds - Executive, Board and Industry groups
- Carry out supplier and market analysis
- Gather, monitor and interpret relevant management information, commercial data and pricing proposals.
- Present informative Papers to Executive, Board or Industry groups relating to approval of procurement projects and contract award.
- Work collaboratively with the business management to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the organisation's strategy, championing the business behaviours and values.
- Provide support and mentoring to junior members of the Supply Chain Management team.
The successful candidate will be able to:-
- Identifies and meets the needs of customers, being continually focused on outcomes and improvements in service and performance.
- Capable of interpreting strategy and policy, and driving these through to delivery.
- Proficient at identifying, assessing and mitigating commercial risks and constraints and evaluating dependencies within projects.
- Experience in the definition, negotiation and delivery of outsourced IT and other service contracts, with the ability to understand and absorb all aspects of commercial contractual arrangements.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Skilled at developing and delivering a negotiation strategy, with a strong understanding of the relationship between risk and reward.
- Skilled in commercial and numerical analysis, including a detailed understanding of service cost models and total cost of ownership.
- Ability to develop appropriate relationships with bidders, clients and service providers and conduct effective market research.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic well regarded business that is focused on delivering the best results possible for the end customer. In this role you will be taking full ownership of the procurement function and driving that forward to be the best it can be. A good salary and package and a business where you will be able to really see the of work.