2 days left
- Full Time
Initially on a fixed term contract, you will report directly to the Head of FP&A and lead the delivery of financial forecasts and five year strategic plans for the business. To deliver in this critical job you will need to be able to work independently and under pressure, and to be comfortable both working with and challenging senior stakeholders from around the business, in order to pull together coherent and stretching financial plans that support our key strategic priorities.
Insurance business based in Eastbourne
Key responsibilities in this job include:
- Lead the delivery of five year strategic financial plans, highlighting risks and opportunities and syndicating stakeholder approval.
- Lead the delivery of robust and detailed budgets and forecasts for the finance team, ensuring that forecasts are effective benchmarks against which performance can be monitored.
- Support the Head of FP&A in ensuring the business achieves satisfactory and sustainable levels of profitability through appropriate target setting and results monitoring.
- Preparation of board papers, presenting key business issues and a range of indicators covering strategic and performance issues.
Ownership of financial appraisal of projects, to ensure that investment decisions are made in line with agreed strategy and financial targets.
- ACA/ACCA/ CIMA - qualified accountant
- Insurance sector finance and accounting knowledge would be ideal, including an understanding of the insurance P&L, balance sheet and Solvency II measures
- Someone able to demonstrate a high degree of commercial acumen and analytical ability
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong communication (both verbal and written), negotiation and influencing skills
- Track record in working to tight deadlines/ under pressure and able to manage multiple priorities at any one time, supporting other member of a finance department.
- Advanced Excel skills, proficiency in Word/ Powerpoint
- Finance experience leading a planning process within a financial services/ insurance company
Experience in the development of an Anaplan forecasting model, or similar, preferred
£33,000 - £38,000