Childrens Nurse / Care Service Manager (Community based)
Reports to: Regional Clinical Manager
Active Assistance Group has a new and exciting position available for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Registered Paediatric Nurse to join our expanding Complex Care Team. This role will be predominantly supporting our Children and Young clients but will include Adult clients with acquired brain injuries.
"Enabling people to live as individually and independently as possible and supporting them to achieve their goals and aspirations"
The Registered Childrens Nurse / Care Service Managers are responsible for supervision of care for Clients living within their Case Load and contributing to the training, development and supervision of all Personal Care Assistants (PAs) in line with requirements set out in the Skills for Care Standards.
* Complete and review Client Needs and Risk Assessments in line with CQC guidance
* Develop, review and implement Service User Personal Care Plans in line with CQC guidance
* Manage client care packages, monitor client care and well being
* Working with the Training Team, support the training, development and supervision of Personal Care Assistants. Competency training where applicable. This is Head Office and regional based.
* Work with the recruitment team to assist in the interviewing of Personal Care Assistants as required.
* Assist with competency based training of PAs in their work place
* Take part in the of Out of Hours Emergency Service
* Liaise with Social Services and attend case conferences/ MDT meetings as required
* Network to improve awareness and understanding of the company’s service
* Update specialist knowledge & skills in line with current best practice regarding Neurological conditions
* Support Regional Clinical Manager in the development of new care packages to ensure that the company’s financial objectives are achieved
* Attend and contribute to Care Service Manager meetings and other meetings as required
* Inform the Regional Clinical Manager of any issues that are likely to adversely impact quality of client care and /or health and safety of employees
* Tasks and projects as determined by Regional Clinical Manager, within the scope of the role
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Registered Children’s Nurse, Paediatric Nurse
* Independent, self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision
* Willing to travel predominantly within own geographical area in order to manage case load effectively
* Willing to travel to Head Office to attend meetings and assist with training
* Car owner with full UK driving licence
* Previous experience working with Children and Young People with complex conditions, Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired * Brain Injury or long term Neurological conditions, ideally in a community setting.
* Previous Case Management experience
* Excellent team work along with verbal and written communication skills, results driven
* Computer literate with good Microsoft Word knowledge
* Ideally will have experience of dealing with Multi-disciplinary teams
This role is Home based, the CSM will be expected to work 37.5 hours flexibly; this could include some clinical shift working.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted