- Full Time
AAT is the UK’s leading qualification and membership body for vocational accountants. We were recently AAT named in Sunday Times 100 Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For 2017, also achieving the Best Companies one star accreditation status
The Content Editor is responsible for managing and delivering:
- AAT’s member and student magazines
- AAT’sblog AAT Comment featuring finance and business news, career advice, motivational content, study tips, technical guidance and thought leadership
- Content to support marketing campaigns, newsletters and social media
- Content which communicates AAT’s public affairs efforts, professional standards updates and technical guidance to members
The Content Editor is responsible for the production of content which inspires, informs and builds trust with AAT amongst external stakeholders, prospective students and our membership.
The Content Editor must have experience in planning, commissioning and editing content for a variety of audiences. Experience working with freelancers and sourcing new writers and subject matters experts is crucial.
The Content Editor should use a creative and innovative approach to ensure content has a distinctive voice, which promotes the dynamism of the industry and advocates for our members.
The Content Editor should have the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business to communicate critical messages to our audience which are accessible, engaging and motivating.
- Supporting the Content Manager on planning and commissioning of the content schedule.
- Working closely with the Content Manager to define key objectives and success criteria.
- Work with third-party publishers and in-house colleagues, to create an integrated editorial content plan and schedule to work across AAT’s channels.
- Responsibility for AAT’sblog, AAT Comment, including: planning and commissioning a daily content schedule, managing freelancers and subject matter experts, publishing posts, and administering comments left on the site.
- Support and advise colleagues in the planning and development of content.
- Write, commission, edit and proof-read editorial content as required.
- Manage AAT’s operational relationship with its contract magazine publisher liaising with editorial staff with support from the Content Manager.
- Ensure all content adheres to the brand persona, house-style and AAT editorial standards.
- Use research (internal and external) to inform a customer-centric approach to the development of all content.
- Contribute to the editorial development of other materials as required including marketing campaigns, newsletters, social media and CPD resources.
- Champion the content strategy, internally and externally.
- Measuring content and using this to inform content strategy.
Financial and project management
- Ensure that all projects are managed to timescales and within budget.
- Ensure written procedures and checklists are developed and adhered to, ensuring proper briefing and correct sign off for all projects
- Generous annual leave entitlements starting at 25 days raising with service up to 30 days
- Group Personal Pension Scheme whereby AAT will contribute up to a maximum of 10.15%
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental pay
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Medical cash plan