Senior Finance Manager - Financial Services
An excellent opportunity to work for a Financial Services business that is hiring due to growth. The position will take responsibility for a team and undertake BAU tasks. However, the emphasis will be on managing projects and process improvement.
You will be a Qualified Accountant with post qualification experience in financial accounting, consolidations and control as well managing staff. To be successful in this position you will be confident, professional and friendly in manner, with the ability to be self motivated, organised and flexible.
Projects and improvements include:
- Development, management and understanding of the month-end reporting and control environment
- Develop and implement a monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations process
- Enhance revenue reporting
- Develop and implement a settlement process for intercompany balances.
- Enhance the production and reporting
- Reduce the current month-end reporting cycle from weeks to days
- Management of the Front Office to Back Office data flows
You will develop and mentor the Financial Control and Consolidation team which consists of part and fully qualified team members. You will be open and share knowledge with the accounting function and wider business.
Overall the position will ensure there are continual improvements to increase efficiency and improve processes. You will be given autonomy to make changes and be someone who is able to take initiative. This is a great role for you if you work well in a team environment and offer a friendly and open team attitude.
You must be a Qualified Accountant and will ideally be ACA Qualified within Audit followed by experience in Financial Services. Alternatively, you will be qualified and have built up experience in Financial Services within a similar role and be seeking your next career move. You must have the technical experience including international multi-currency consolidations under IFRS. Managing staff is also a pre-requisite.