Property Manager - Commercial Real Estate
Property Manager - Commercial Real Estate - Our Client is a successful and renowned international property consulting firm operating from within the UK. The company have distinguished themselves through their customer-centric approach to business, fostering a friendly but ambitious team. Due to the company's prolonged accomplishments within the real estate sector, they are currently looking to expand their team and are searching for intelligent and hard-working individuals to join as a Property Manager. The initial role will be mainly focused on property management for a diverse range of UK commercial properties, improving service delivery to both occupiers and clients alike.
The Role: Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the service delivery across all properties under your control.
- Undertake inspections and liaise with tenants and client accountants ensuring lease covenants are adhered to.
- Prepare annual service charge budgets and end of year reconciliations.
- Approve expenditure within agreed limits and monitor service charge budgets throughout the year.
- Undertake site visits as per the property management agreements to ensure all buildings are in good order; inspection records and follow up actions should be maintained and notices of disrepair issued where appropriate and subsequently monitoring the tenant's compliance with the notice.
- Chair tenant meetings and timely circulation of minutes as well as monitoring any follow up actions.
- Approve rent demands and responsibility for rent and service charge collection in line with client KPI's.
- Interpret leases such as repairing obligations, lease covenants and alienation provisions and acting accordingly.
- Liaise with solicitors, with client authority, to document tenant applications, address breach of covenants.
- Ensure properties remain 'sale ready' by maintaining electronic filing and document storage.
- Liaise with insurance brokers in respect of annual building insurance renewal, arranging and ensuring statutory inspections take place, advising of upcoming works affecting cover and processing claims against the policy as appropriate.
- Maintain property records and information systems including tenancy schedules and event diaries.
- Appoint third party advisors where appropriate to undertake asset registers, equipment surveys and planned preventative maintenance schedules.
- Work together with the facilities management team to ensure risk assessments and preventative works are completed to comply with statutory inspections.
- Work in accordance with company policies and procedures governing health and safety.
- Actively involved with the tender and appointment of third party maintenance and service contractors.
- Together with the facilities management team, review the performance of service providers.
- Invoice coding and approval against budgets.
- Raise and collect professional fees when appropriate for works outside the property management agreement.
- Prepare recommendation reports for client approval in respect of capital expenditure requests.
- Assist with mobilising new clients, properties and portfolio's together with the Partners.
The Person - Applicants MUST be RICS qualified and have a degree in Estate Management or have had experience working in commercial property management. The candidate should have relevant experience in liaising with multi-level stakeholders, a thorough understanding of commercial leases and service charges, understanding of landlord and tenant law and health and safety legislation. The ideal applicant will be able to work alone as well as in a team, have a 'can do' attitude, be a strong communicator both written and verbally, have strong numerical skill, and have good commercial awareness. You will possess a full clean driving licence.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.