Support Worker - Maes Y Dderwen - 34 hours per week
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
We have a great opportunity for a caring and energetic Support Worker to join our team in Llanelli, Wales on a temporary, part-time basis.
You will be supporting four lovely tenants in this service - one male and three females. They live in a shared bungalow and love getting out and about - going out for meals and horse-riding. They also enjoy baking, bike ability and swimming. These individuals require full personal care support and they need someone who is strongly committed and dedicated!
This post requires the successful candidate to have a full UK driving licence and to ideally be 21 years of age or older due to insurance purposes. Waking nights are also required for this role. This post is initially a temporary role for 6 months, however, there is a possibility that this may be extended depending on the needs of the service.
Payment for sleep ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements.
Please click on the 'Additional Information' button below to view our One Page Profiles which are specific to the people we support within this service. By doing so, this will help you to answer our application questions.
If you strongly feel that you can be that special person that supports these wonderful individuals in reaching their goals and aspirations, then we would love to hear from you! Please go ahead and click the pink `apply` button to complete the application process for this position.
Please quote, job reference: 9153
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract