6 days left
- Full Time
Our client is a leading financial co-operative based in the centre or Cardiff. They are currently recruiting for a Loans Officer that will be responsible for providing an effective member focused loans application assessment process.
- To ensure the provision of appropriate advice on income maximisation and benefit entitlement for members, assisting members to maximise their opportunities of accessing and successfully repaying loans wherever possible.
- To develop and implement an effective range of pro-active decisions to ensure responsible and ethical lending practices and to inform the member of any decision made.
- To work in partnership with other relevant bodies and colleagues of the Credit Union to achieve organisational objectives, developing and maintaining effective referral systems with a range advice and support agencies, to assist members and promote financial capability and inclusion.
- To promote and publicise the work of the business including the development and implementation of a marketing plan, and range of community and employer loan promotions, to effectively increase our loan portfolio.
- To develop and maintain systems for monitoring the effectiveness of services and the achievement of loans profiling, service standards and performance targets.
- To prepare and present reports and management information on the activities and performance of loans provision as required.
- To support small businesses and social enterprises in making business loan applications, in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Relevant experience and knowledge within a credit union, banking or similar financial environment.
- Sound decision making skills and the ability to make judgements and decisions on often complex cases.
- Ability to work on own initiative and problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good level of education, including strong numeracy skills
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours at peak times.
- Relevant experience of loan application administration and decision making.
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective customer focussed contact arrangements.