Solicitor 1 YR PQE Disputes TOP 50 UK Firm
1 day left
- Full Time
Your new company
A top 50 UK Award-Winning Full Service Law Firm in Belfast, which is named by The Financial Times as one of Europe 's most innovative law firms, is recruiting for an ambitious Solicitor to join it's Financial Services Disputes and Investigations Team"FSDI"
The "FSDI" team is one of the largest teams in the market offering litigation services to banks, mortgage lenders and insurers. The Belfast team also works on a variety of commercial litigation matters on behalf of businesses throughout Northern Ireland including high value debt recovery, contractual disputes, and property litigation.
The firm is committed to developing the NI practice and the legal practice in Belfast is built wholly on local fee-earning work, not a "back-office" operation. They recognise the opportunity to service the needs of national clients in Northern Ireland as well as developing a strong local client based, bringing best client service.
The firm are interested in recruiting talented Solicitors, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and 'think firm', and a passion for client service that can grow and develop their careers. If you're this type of person then this may be the opportunity for you
Your new role
The main focus of the role will be advising a range of UK banks and corporations on contentious aspects of retail and commercial lending as well as working on other commercial dispute resolution work streams.
You will be responsible for;
- running a significant caseload for key FTSE banking and mortgage lender clients
- advising competently upon a range of contentious lending and recovery issues with moderate supervision
- assessing, and progressing a varied litigation caseload typically emanating from banks and mortgage lenders but also including other businesses and corporations
- assisting more senior solicitors upon larger cases and dealing with document management
- actively involved in business development activities with clients and potential clients
- actively involved in the production of legal updates and knowhow development
- some supervision opportunities may be available in respect of other members of the team
You will be tasked with handling a caseload of litigation cases including defended and sensitive reputational cases, breach of contract/mandate, fraud, financial disputes, equitable claims, landlord tenant disputes, contentious property claims, and title rectification,
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a qualified solicitor with a minimum of 1 years post qualified experience gained within a commercial law firm
- Experience in a similar role would be helpful
- Possess a strong client focus with the ability to build lasting relationships
- Keen and enthusiastic to learn and develop.
- Willing to go that 'extra mile'
- Able to operate effectively within a team environment
What you'll get in return
A highly competitive market salary, package and progression opportunities are on offer for you here
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please contact Patrick McDonald today If you would like more detail on this job or to have a confidential discussion on your legal career. If you're looking for a new legal opportunity in a specific location Hays have a strategic office network spanning Ireland and the UK and a team of over 30 specialist legal recruitment consultants that can assist you with your job search.