Change Analyst, Change Advisory Boards, Change Reviews
£32,168 - £37,797
Hendon with some travel to other locations
An exciting new position has arisen to join one the Home Office (PNC Operations) as a Change Analyst based in Hendon.
This is a unique opportunity to join PNC Operations which sits within Home Office Digital, Data and Technology function. They deliver high quality, reliable and cost effective ICT services to the police and criminal justice community.
This is done through three main functions:
- Live Services - To maintain the critical national ICT services that are delivered out of the Hendon Data Centre. The most important of these systems is the Police National Computer (PNC);
- New Capability - To deliver important new capability in connection with these Services, on time and within budget;
- Custodianship - To ensure that the quality, integrity and security of the nation's fingerprint, DNA and criminal records.
Role and Responsibilities
- To coordinate planned activities impacting on internal and external customers through scheduling of disruptive activities, liaising with technical teams, project managers, customers and suppliers as required minimising disruption.
- Supporting the delivery of PNC and associated services to defined availability targets through the careful planning and scheduling of disruptive activity and minimising risk of implementations
- Review completed Change Requests to identify service improvement opportunities.
- To facilitate post mortem discussions following change failures
- Chair and review Change Advisory Boards as Schedule prepare and write minutes for the relevant meetings.
- Manage Business requirements and stakeholders
- Ensure that all Change Management processes and policies are applied in an efficient and effective manner and adhered to within the directorate in order to support the service.
- Provide training and advice to users in the application of IT Change Management processes and procedures as required to ensure optimum use and compliance and ensure adequate information is available for staff to follow. Development, publicising and training of enhancements to current processes
- Maintain a Forward Schedule of change and assist with the scheduling of disruptive activities
- Decision making
- Ensuring the prompt management and processing of Change Requests (CRQs) in order to identify issues and enable a successful implementation of changes on the PNC and associated services
- Ability to analyse impact assessments on CRQs and resolve outstanding issue to facilitate progression or escalate to team manager
- Management of Change Requests from inception to post implementation review closure.
- Problem Solving
- The analysis of responses to impact assessments and facilitate resolution of issues through liaison with various technical teams and other parties (suppliers, project managers) to ensure smooth implementation of changes.
- Provide input to a monthly Change Management report which contains a highlight of key issues experienced and recommendations for improvements
- Service Improvement
- Support the team service improvement plan, which may include the development of Change Management to deliver the benefits associated with ITIL Version 3 and ISO9001.
- IT Change Management experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to facilitate and chair meetings
- Proactive and adaptable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of working in a Service Management discipline
- ITIL Foundation - working Towards ITIL Practitioner Level (to be achieved within 12 months)
If you would like to discuss this position further please do not hesitate to contact Ryan on .