Our client, an industry-leading academic publisher that produces digital products and services in a broad range of markets, is recruiting a Publishing Editor to manage and develop a list of journals in accordance with the businesses’ defined strategy. This role has arisen to help drive and support the continuous global demand for both products and services developed by this organisation.
Responsibilities of the Publishing Editor include:
• Managing journal editor performance and establishing best practice
• Providing creative support to editors and negotiating with them on terms and content
• Monitoring performance of journals to ensure revenues are maximised
• Attendance at editorial board meetings and representing the company at external events
• Taking responsibility for acquired titles from contract through to production and marketing
• Project management and task organisation
The successful applicant will be educated to degree level with a biomedical degree preferred and have demonstrable capabilities in the effective use of IT including PowerPoint, Excel and Word as well as network resources. Knowledge of the journal publication process and industry is required and ideally you should have managed a list of journals, preferably at an academic publishers.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, plus benefits package along with the chance of joining an innovative organisation, making a real difference in the industry whilst advancing your career.
If you feel that your skills meet the requirements of this Publishing Editor position that is based in London and you would like to be considered for the role please send us your CV today.
Due to a high volume of applicants, we are unable to offer individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within one week of your application unfortunately you have been unsuccessful at this time. We may however keep your CV on file for future opportunities.
To discuss other opportunities with our experienced Publishing, Education and Membership Services Consultants please get in touch to discuss your next career step.