Support Worker - Kidwelly - various hours available
- Full Time
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Are you considering entering a fun and exciting career working as a Support Worker for Mencap? If so, here`s the perfect job for you! We are currently seeking to recruit a permanent Support Worker to join our passionate and committed team in Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire, Wales.
We have two positions available - one 18.5 hour and one 22 hour role . Both roles include the successful candidate to work possible sleep ins.
Payment for sleep-ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements.
You will be joining a delightful team of people who consistently strive to challenge attitudes and influence those who can help us change the lives of people with a Learning Disability. This is so we can help those that we support live as independently as possible in a Supported Living environment and to ensure they gain access to the community.
All of the individuals we support within this service have different interests and varied personalities, therefore no two days are the same. Some of the things the people we support enjoy doing are: watching rugby and cricket, spending time with family, going out for drives, meeting new people, trying new activities, volunteering, swimming, shopping and attending local clubs.
To find out more about some of the people we support in this service, please click on the pink `Additional Information` button below to read through our One Page Profiles. Reviewing these will help you to answer our application questions successfully during the application process.
• A full and valid UK drivers licence
• Ideally 21 years or older due to insurance purposes when driving a mobility vehicle
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to provide personal care is essential for this position
If successful, the team you will be joining are a friendly and welcoming group, with a supportive and encouraging Manager who is eager for her staff to advance in the best way possible. We are looking for someone with a `can-do` attitude, who is enthusiastic, caring, strongly motivated, outgoing and has a calm demeanour when needed. The people we support require their Support Workers to have a genuine interest in assisting them to live as independently as possible.
Does this sound like you? If the answer is a `YES!`, then we would love to hear from you! Please click the pink `Apply` button to complete the application process.
Job Reference: 9155
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract