Support Worker, Intensive Service Support
Salary: £15,296 (Band A) - £16,065 (Band B)
Additional payment will be made for sleep in duties and enhanced rates of pay will apply to this role for weekend working.
Come and be part of our enthusiastic and passionate teams who support people who are within the autistic spectrum, where you will play a really important role in helping them to develop the skills and strategies to live a fulfilled life. If you are enthusiastic, positive, energetic, flexible and love to be part of a team then come and join us. You will be located in Peldon at our Intensive Support Service; however, you may be required to work in and around Colchester.
You will be a flexible, positive, energetic and enthusiastic individual who will work as part of a team of support workers and your main duties will include:
- Going out with our service users on community based activities and personal appointments.
- Supporting service users with personal care and helping to develop daily life skills.
- Acting as a key worker where appropriate and being responsible for the service user’s particular needs.
- To undertake administration duties in accordance with this role.
- Helping to make sure that quality support is provided and is in line with the individual’s wishes and needs.
We need people who share our passion for making a difference and although experience of working with autism would be valuable, it is not essential for this role as full training will be given.
- Experience of working within care services or with individuals with an autistic spectrum condition - desirable
- Experience with working with behaviours that can be physically and mentally challenging - desirable
- Ability to react with sensitivity and empathy - essential
- Passionate, patient and caring nature - essential
- HSC Level 2 - Care or equivalent - or the willingness to achieve this - essential
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity. Autism Anglia has a clearly defined pay progression structure and provides ongoing training including nationally recognised qualifications. In addition we also offer ongoing supervision and support, continuing professional development, as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
We would especially like to hear from drivers, however, we do have vacancies for non-drivers as well.