Various hours - Plymouth
- Full Time
"Help us to lead fulfilling lives; take part in the activities we enjoy and to feel safe within the community".
We are currently seeking a support worker to join our team in the Plymouth area.
You will be supporting ten individuals within one of our supported living services. They have all known each other for many years and have built close friendships. Some of the things they enjoy doing are going swimming; cookery sessions; and going to the cinema.
Each individual has varying needs so you will need to be flexible in order to support them. You will need to be comfortable in providing personal care as some of the individuals require support with all aspects; including administering of medication. You will also be supporting with day to day things like finances; household duties such as cleaning; and to prepare and cook healthy meals.
The people you will be supporting are avid animal lovers and have two cats; two guinea pigs; tropical fish and an outdoor pond! You will need to share their love for the animals and be able to support them in caring for them.
Flexibility is a must as you will need to be available to work across various shifts to include; days, evenings, weekends and sleep-ins.
To enable the individuals to access the community; drivers are preferred, but are not an essential requirement for this post.
If you are looking for a meaningful career and a role where you really can make a difference to people's lives; then this is the role for you.
Please click on the additional details tab to find out more about the people you could be supporting.
Job ID: 9215
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.