Newly Qualified / Finalist Accountant - Contract to Permanent
4 days left
- Full Time
Our client is a growing and ambitious business, with an impressive portfolio of clients. They are looking to strengthen their finance team and are recruiting for an finalist / newly Qualified Management Accountant to join the Business. for a 6 to 9 month contract.
The ideal candidate will need to be a switched on and analytical Accountant with a previous track record of supporting and guiding the operational function to achieve objectives. Reporting to the Finance Director, your key duties will include the following:
- Working with the Finance Director on the implementation of a new Payroll / HR system - including biometrics / labour analysis, employee self service. and staffing statistics
- Assist with the preparation of the trial balance and the monthly management packs including ILevel data returns.
- Assist with the preparation of the 2018 budget.
- Prepare and update the rolling 13 week cash flow including the daily reconciliation of the invoice discount facility.
- To ensure the timely production of all government reporting such as Intrastat / EC Sales List / VAT returns and export / import statistics and other statistical returns as and when required.
- Produce the group company accounts on a monthly basis and prepare the consolidated accounts at month end.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A fully qualified accountant (or finalist level) CCAB or any equivalent
- Competent in using excel spreadsheets
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage and work alongside finance and non-finance stakeholders
- A self starter who is able to think on their feet and react quickly to situations
- Keen and able to take on a broad, challenging role in a newly structured team