Senior Information Architect (12 month Fixed term contract)
The purpose of the role of a Senior Information Architect is to provide the architectural 'know-how’ for the Data Team, thus transforming team’s ideas and requirements into deliverable reality enabling valuable business knowledge to be derived from Avios' data.
We seek highly professional people who deliver against commitments, work well with people from across the business and constantly seek ways to do a better job. The team’s success is judged by the efficiency, accuracy and reliability of the data it manages and the value it delivers to the business.
What you will be doing...
• Experience translating business requirements into conceptual and logical data models.
• Govern the AGL’s Data Warehouse architecture, including creation of data flow documentation.
• Manage the Data Warehouse development team’s workload.
• Review and signoff High Level Designs.
• Work with the BI colleagues across different IAG Operating Companies.
• Liaise with IAG Global Business Services for all technical and architectural aspects.
What you will be doing...
• Ability to think strategically and to work with abstract models.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Passionate about data and knowledge.
• Good with tight deadlines.
• Able to work independently within the agreed framework.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across IAG operating companies.
• Ability to view the bigger picture, spot errors and challenge assumptions and business requirements.
• Candidate must hold themselves accountable for delivering and exude a professional attitude in all dealings.
• Must be a collaborative team player, proactive, efficient, accurate and reliable, able to prioritise deadlines and workloads effectively.
• Demonstrates leadership qualities with proven line management experience.
Skills, experiences and capabilities
• Experience of the techniques, technologies and standards employed in architecting data strategy.
• Know-how for logical and physical data modelling and analysis.
• Knowledge and desire to drive wider adaptation and usage of Embarcadero’s ER/Studio.
• Strong operational and commercial awareness.
• Airline and Loyalty domain knowledge would be advantageous.
• Strong understanding of Data Warehouse principles.
• Ability to suggest and implement best practices and methodologies for data management infrastructure.
• Can guide the business to improve operational efficiency and customer experience.
What we can offer you…
• A competitive salary of up to £75,000 depending on experience
• Annual Bonus (dependant on Company & Individual Performance)
• Company Pension
• Private Health Care
• Childcare Vouchers
• Travel Insurance
• Exciting global travel industry discounts including flights, hotels, international rail, cruises & tour operators
• After 6 months service, unlimited standby flights anywhere in the world on British Airways and other airlines
• Discounts on British Airways flights and holidays from day one for you, your friends and family
• New Joiner Avios/Birthday Avios/Thank you Avios
• Discounted Train fares
• Shuttle bus to/from Gatwick Airport (and town centre at lunch time)
• 25 days annual leave, plus 2 days charity leave